Jennifer Mathews from the Cork Short Story festival likes writing stories! She really likes writing longer than the average short story and had noticed that short stories were getting…em..shorter!
It launches in October 2012 and will be exclusively online. Looking forward to it already.
She has set up a webpage and journal for all those people who like to take their time with telling a story. If you want to submit;
Short Story Guidelines
1. Stories should generally be between 4000 and 9000 words, although a few hundred words less or more are welcome. A maximum of two stories at a time will be considered. Please do not re-submit work previously declined, or work that has been published elsewhere.
2. The Long Story, Short is a literary journal for fiction only. Stories for children are not in the scope of this journal. Translations are accepted. Genre fiction will only be considered should it have very strong literary merit.
3. At this time we regret that we cannot pay contributors. Donations, no matter how small, are welcome to help fund web-hosting of The Long Story, Short so we can continue to publish work which is longer than what is found in many conventional publications.
4. The editor will endeavor to respond to writers within 8 weeks from the date they submit their work. Unfortunately, we cannot make comments on individual submissions.Submissions are welcome at any time. A reading period may be introduced in future.
5. The Long Story, Short will publish one story per month only. If your submission is unsuccessful, please do try again in future. Remember, readers make the best writers.
6. Stories must be sent in a document attached to an email (NOT pasted into the body of an email). No PDFs please. Send to email@example.com .
Find more here at https://longstoryshort.squarespace.com/