In my last post, I mentioned I had a couple of books to start and some to finish. Sometimes, I download a collection on my kindle but never finish it! This never happens with a real book and I bet no-one can explain it.
I get quite obsessed and excited when new collections come out that I buy them up and leave them sitting on my bookcase for a while and then another one comes out and then…i am left with loads of books waiting to be read. In the middle of this process, I’ll get sent a book or two to review and i feel pressured and one should never feel pressured when it comes to reading. So, I am going to set out my reading stall for 2016 below. Books or collections I have to read first before I buy and then after them, I can have ones that I want to buy! I also want to read some classic tales and give my authors a stir so re-reads of Carver, Chekhov and Trevor.
Books to read in 2016
- In another country-Selected Stories-David Constantine-finish! This was given to me by Atlantic Books/Comma Press.
- Staying thin for Daddy-a debut collection by Deirdre Brennan-start!
- Galway Stories-given to me by the lovely Lisa in Doire Press.
- Binocular Vision by Edith Pearlman-started reading it on my kindle and abandoned though was thoroughly enjoying it.
- Moons of Jupiter by Alice Monro-downloaded this for her “Turkey Season” short story for a Festive Open Mic a few years ago.
- Selected Stories by Chekhov-have read so many of these stories but a few remain unread!
- Collected Stories-William Trevor-downloaded but need to finish
- Flannery O’ Connor Selected Stories-need to finish!
- Thunderstruck and other stories by Elizabeth Mc Cracken-recommended by a Mr. Parkes
- Will you be please be quiet, please? by Raymond Carver.
- Honoured Guest by Joy Williams recommended by a Mr. Barrett.
- Collected Stories by William Faulkner recommended by a Ms. Keegan.
- Sherwood Anderson’s Winesberg, Ohio-free on kindle-re-reads from UCD
- Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert-free on kindle-re-reads from UCD
- The beautiful and the damned by Fitzgerald, F. Scott-free on kindle-re-reads from UCD.
I would think that there is plenty there to keep me and you going to the end of 2016. Happy days and a very Happy New Year of 2016 to you and your reading family and friends!